Fire from gas cylinder leak kills four in Gazipur

Gazipur Correspondent
Published : 09:32, May 23, 2019 | Updated : 09:52, May 23, 2019

GazipurFour members of a family have died in a fire from kitchen gas cylinder leakage in Gazipur.
The incident was reported around 9.30pm on Wednesday (May 22) from the district city's Islampur area, said police.
The deceased have been identified as Shah Alam, 38, his wife Monira Begum, 30, her son Bayezid, 8 and daughter Fatema, 4.

"Monira was cooking when gas spread in the house fast and the fire started. Her 3-year-old daughter Fatema was burnt to death while the others suffocated and died on the spot," said Basan police OC AKM Kawsar Chowdhury.

"The fire immediately burnt down the house and the furniture in it," said Gazipur Fire Station Deputy Director Md Aktaruzzaman.