The BCB has called an emergency meeting of its directors on Tuesday in response to the players' strike. They have less than 48 hours to convince the players to play the next round of the first-class National Cricket League matches in four venues across the country, and just a little more time to convince them to start training in a prep camp for the tour of India. The India tour begins on Nov 3.
The cricketers put out an 11-point demand on Monday, which they said must be fulfilled before they will take part in any on-field activities. A majority of those demands are financial commitments that the board has to make publicly. Apart from the call to bring back Dhaka Premier League's players transfer in the 2019-20 season, even the players understand that the rest of the points can only come into effect from next year.
However, there are mixed reactions from within the BCB, with some directors understand the players' stance in these difficult circumstances.
On a Facebook post, Director Tanjil Ahmed said that he stands by the cricketers regarding their demands.
BCB media committee chairman Jalal Yunus backed the cricketers' demand. But he said that instead of going to the media, the players should have gone to the board with their demands.
Earlier on Monday (Oct 22), national cricketers, including the likes of Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim put forward an 11-point demand saying they will abstain from all kinds of games until their demands are met.