The lowest number of new coronavirus cases since infection rates peaked three days ago, fuelling hope Europe's worst outbreak outside China may be abating.
According to Worldometers, 58,819 new cases were reported on Monday taking the total number of Covid-19 cases across the world to 722,350.
The number is 7,897 lower than that of the previous day, which was 66,761.
A week ago, on Mar 23, the number of new cases worldwide was 41,371 and a week before that on Mar 16 it was 12,897.
Till now, the number of active cases stands at 536,577.
Of the active case 509,896 (95%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 26,681 (5%) have been marked as serious or critical.
At the same time, 151,793 (82%) people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment.
The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 33,980 since its discovery in December 2019.
In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.
The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.
Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 199 countries and territories around the world.