Three members of a family received critical burn injuries after a fire broke out at their residence in Dhaka’s Bhashantek area.
The incident took place on Saturday (Mar 28) night.
The injured have been identified as Mohammad Zakir, 40, his wife Rani Begum, 35, and their son Riyad, 15.
Following the incident, locals took the injured to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) burn unit for treatment.
Locals said the fire erupted at their home at Section 13 of Shamal Palli of Bhashantek area following an explosion around 11: 30pm Saturday.
Confirming the matter, DMCH police outpost in-charge Inspector Bacchu Mia said the injured were in critical condition and have been receiving treatment at the hospital.
Initially, police suspect the fire broke out from a gas leakage at the house.