Indian visit visa applicants in Sylhet, Mymensingh and Barishal will no more need a prior appointment to file their documents.
From May 20, walk-in facilities will be open at the IVACs in divisional cities, says a media release by the High Commission.
Applications will be accepted from 8am to 12pm noon, its says.
The other existing walk-in schemes of submission of visa applications for non-tourist visas including medical, business, conference and other types of visas will continue as before. Separate counters for walk-in tourist visas for senior citizens and Muktijodhas will also continue.
This is further to the pilot initiatives started at IVACs in Chittagong, Rajshahi and Rangpur and Mirpur Road, Dhaka last year and is being extended to IVACs at Sylhet, Mymensingh and Barishal on a similar trial basis.
These measures are aimed at easing access to the Indian visa and strengthening people-to-people contacts between India and Bangladesh.