Rifat murder: New footage shows Minni brought injured husband to hospital

Barguna Correspondent
Published : 10:23, Sep 17, 2019 | Updated : 11:51, Sep 17, 2019

Family members with slain Rifat Sharif`s wife Ayesha Siddiqua Minni at the Barguna District Jail gate on Tuesday, September 3, 2019More than two months after the murder of Barguna's Rifat Sharif, a new security camera footage has emerged showing his wife Ayesha Siddiqua Minni, charged by police for the broad daylight killing, taking her husband to a local hospital by herself.

The video which surfaced on Monday (Sept 16) showed, Minni, bringing Rifat all by herself to Barguna General Hospital on a rickshaw fully covered in blood.

There are two CCTV cameras at the front gate of the hospital, one belongs to Barguna district police and the other to the hospital.

The video also showed another youth rushing inside the hospital after seeing Minni and Rifat on the rickshaw.

Her father Moazzem Hossain Kishore told reporters he had collected the new video. He claims that Minny tried her best to save Refat and the video 'clearly' proves that.

"My daughter is not involved in the murder of Refat. She is the victim of a conspiracy. As part of the plot against my daughter, only a few edited parts of the video in front of the college were released. There were attempts to conceal the footage recorded in front of the hospital. However, they failed."

Rifat, 22, was hacked to death by criminals in front of his wife Minni, in broad daylight, in the district town on Jun 26.

Soon after the incident, footage of the incident went viral on social media.

Rifat’s father, Dulal Sharif, filed a murder case against 12 named and five or six unknown attackers with Barguna police station.

Barguna police arrested the victim's wife Minni, who was the prime eyewitness of the gruesome killing, 26 days after the incident happened in broad daylight.

Within 24 hours of her arrest, Minni was taken on 5-day remand, to be grilled as an accused of the murder case.

Minni has been released from jail, 48 days after being arrested in a case filed over the murder of her husband on Sept 3.

On Sept 2, the Supreme Court upheld the High Court order which granted bail to Minni in the murder case.

On Sept 1, police submitted two charge sheets before a Barguna court, accusing 24 people, including Minni, over the murder.

On the same day in Dhaka, the High Court released a seven-page-long full text of its judgment that granted bail to Minni, clearing the way for her release from jail.

On Aug 29, the High Court granted Minni bail on the condition that she remains in her father’s custody, and does not speak to the media.

The court also said her bail would be cancelled if she violated the conditions. 

On Aug 20, the High Court issued a ruling asking the government to explain within a week why Minni should not be granted bail in the case.

On the same day, the court also issued a show-cause notice against Barguna Superintendent of Police (SP) Maruf Hossain, to explain why he briefed the media on Minni’s involvement in the murder before her confessional statement was recorded by a magistrate.

The High Court had also ordered Barguna Sadar police station Inspector Md Humayun Kabir, who is investigating the case, to submit all documents on Aug 29.

To watch the video: https://www.facebook.com/BanglaTribuneOnline/videos/2558645297534309/