Its rainy season, and Hilsha should be must item on your plate. So let’s have a hilsha recipe with spicy mustered paste.
1) Ilish (Hilsha) fish, cut into pieces
2) 1 tablespoon mustard (or ground mustard paste)
3) 6 green chilis
4) 1 teaspoon red chili powder
5) 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
6) 1 large onion, diced
7) 2 tablespoons oil, mustard oil preferred
8) Salt to taste
Way to cook:
Mix the pieces of fish with some salt and turmeric powder. Paste the mustered and green chili altogether.
Heat the oil in a pan, Deep fried the chopped onion and
add the mustard/chili paste and rest of the spices cook together. Add 1/2 cup of warm water. Add the fish and cook covered over medium heat for about 10-minutes
Check for salt and sprinkle additional salt if necessary. Serve with rice.