A tragic death: Youth electrocuted on sister’s wedding day

Gazipur Correspondent
Published : 18:11, Jul 13, 2018 | Updated : 18:41, Jul 13, 2018

Shamsul Islam is with Shanaz Akter Ratna at the ‘Gaye Holud’ program.In a tragic accident, a youth was electrocuted just prior to his sister’s wedding at Sreepur Upazila in Gazipur early hours of Friday.
The victim, Shamsul Islam, only son of Moazzem Hossain, appeared bachelor examination in management discipline from Sreepur’s Bormi College, his family sources said.
His elder sister Shanaz Akter Ratna was scheduled to get married on Friday (July 13).
Ratna said he was sitting on the stage after a pre-marital programme, popularly known as ‘Gaye Holud’, while his brother was serving the guests.
He hit a stand fan and fell down with it while he was approaching the stage
Shamsul was electrocuted when the electrical wire touched him, she said.
He was taken to the Sreepur public hospital where doctors declared him dead, his brother-in-law said.